Saturday, May 21, 2011

PM Harper: "I will defend Israel whatever the cost"











CANADA stands with Israel:




From the National Post back in March:

Canada ‘will always stand by’ Israel, Harper says


Mar 10, 2011

Canada is “morally obliged” to stand up to threats against Israel, Prime Minister Stephen Harper told a Jewish audience in downtown Toronto Thursday night as both he and Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff sparred over which party is the stronger supporter of democracy in the Middle East.

Opponents who say that Canada has “lost its way” when it comes to its foreign policy are using “code for the view that Canada should go back to being ambivalent about our relationship with Israel and its fundamental right to defend itself,” Mr. Harper said. “Our party will never do that. We will always stand by [Israel].”

Both he and the Liberal leader addressed a sold-out crowd of 1,000 at the event hosted by the Canadian Jewish Political Affairs Committee. It was held at the Royal Conservatory of Music.

The Liberals have a long association with the Canadian Jewish community and, as a defender of Israel, “does not do code,” said Mr. Ignatieff....


Much more here.

I disagree with Harper on many issues, but this one he DOES speak for me..

I STAND WITH ISRAEL.

1 comment:

Findalis said...

So do I my friend, so do I.