Friday, September 18, 2009

Peanut is theirs

The very latest picture:
Robert wanted us to see her on her first night of "freedom". She was not at all apprehensive about leaving the familiar surroundings of the hospital. On the ride to Kat's mom's house she leaned back in her car seat and put her feet up on Kat's headrest and just looked around.


As my regular readers know, I have been waiting a while to be able to post this one. From my friend Don, came this email yesterday:

Peanut is theirs

....Rob and Katrina took physical custody of Peanut today at 3:40 pm. He called me as soon as they got her strapped into her new car seat (it took them awhile to figure the dang thing out....these new seats are complicated)....lol.

Pat and I will go over tomorrow evening when they come home and I'll try to get some pictures.

It's still hard to believe that this part of the battle is over. We are just ten days short of one year since the drowning. It's been life changing for a lot of people involved so closely with this, it's certainly been a journey I'll never forget. I can't thank all of you enough for all your support and prayers, nothing that has happened would have been possible without you. I ask that you keep the prayers coming, Peanut still has a long way to go to the full recovery we all know is possible with God's help.

Thank you all,
Don

I echo Don's thanks to all who supported this precious child and her family along this often perilous stage of the journey.

There will be many challenges ahead. This we know, but I also know that with Rob and Kat, this little girl has a lifetime of love, and great adventures ahead of her. Oh and yes, on August 24, little Peanut turns 3!!! What a great birthday that will be...in the meantime, Don has promised me pictures, so stay tuned!!!

WELCOME HOME, Peanut...the world IS yours.

No comments: