Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom is not free: Aaron Fairbairn



Please RT Meet Aaron Fairbairn (left), lost American hero. Killed today serving us. #THANKYOUAARON

‘On Independence Day, a few hours ago, they killed my son, Aaron in Afghanistan’

It was an extraordinary tweet. Within hours it became the trending topic on social networking site Twitter.

“They killed my son, Aaron,” said the tweet sent out by David Masters of Olympia, Washington.

Then, one tweet at a time, he told the rest of the tragic story.

“He was minding his own business BS-ing with an Officer on base in Afghanistan…

“When a suicide bomber, driving a truck breached the perimiter and pushed the button…

“Killing my son, Aaron and the Officer,” he said

“On Independence Day, a few hours ago, they killed my son, Aaron in Afghanistan.”

“I’d like to see “Thank you, Aaron,” show up on the Trending Topics for giving his life on Independence Day in Afghanistan,” said Masters in a painful plea.

“Shelley, Beau and Sascha are enroute to Dover to meet Aaron’s body, given in service this Independence Day,” he added, recounting that his wife Shelley had gone to pick up his body.

I love you, Aaron,” said Masters as tributes started coming in from all around the world.

“I’m so sorry, Aaron… You are MY hero… I love you,” added Masters, an author of two dieting books.

“Thank you a,ll so much for thanking Aaron, and thank you all for love and support… #thankyouaaron #1… amen.”

By the time the final tweet was sent, Master’s wish had been fulfilled.

#ThankyouAaron, #Aaron and #Afghanistan had become the top trending topics on Twitter – and army of twitter followers by the tens of thousands were sending their condolences and love from every quarter of the U.S, Canada, Europe and the rest of the world.

It would appear that Aaron Fairbairn, 20, was killed along with another officer during a suicide bombing attack against a U.S. outpost near Zirok, in Paktika province, in south-east Afghanistan by the Taliban.

Another seven U.S. soldiers and two Afghan troops were wounded in Saturday’s attack on the combat outpost near Zirok, Lieutenant Commander Christine Sidenstricker told Reuters. (read more here)

From North Shore Journal:

It is about 1 a.m. here along America’s North Shore. A few short hours ago, word began to spread on Twitter about the loss of two of our finest in Afghanistan.

David M. Masters posted the following about 6 p.m. EDT:

# I’m so sorry, Aaron… You are MY hero… I love you… #thankyouaaron 25 minutes ago from web

Shelley, Beau and Sascha are enroute to Dover to meet Aaron’s body, given in service this Independence Day. I love you, Aaron. about 2 hours ago from web

That you, @BobBurg. Please spread the word, “Thank you, Aaron,” for making the ultimate sacrifice this Independence Day. about 6 hours ago from web

I’d like to see “Thank you, Aaron,” show up on the Trending Topics for giving his life on Independence Day in Afghanistan. about 7 hours ago from web

On Independence Day, a few hours ago, they killed my son, Aaron in Afghanistan. about 7 hours ago from web

Killing my son, Aaron and the Officer. about 7 hours ago from web

When a suicide bomber, driving a truck breached the perimiter and pushed the button… about 7 hours ago from web

He was minding his own business BS-ing with an Officer on base in Afghanistan… about 7 hours ago from web

They killed my son, Aaron! about 7 hours ago from web

The hashtag #thankyouaaron is presently number 1 in Trending Topics. Hundreds, thousands of people are repeating the hashtag. Expressions of sorrow are being addressed to Mr. Masters and his family.

Here is the Masters family. It is a real “Brady Bunch”. The couple, David and Shelley, are weight loss and diet experts.

Aaron has a MySpace page. This is what he said about himself:

Hey my name is Aaron Fairbairn, I am 20 and in the army. I like to ride dirtbikes, go muddin and all of that kind of stuff. One of my favorite things to do is work on my truck when I break it. I have a yamaha yz 125 I haven’t got to ride it much because of work but i plan to go race it sometime.


Read more here. I found the original note on Michelle Malkin.. Go read that here. And twitter on.




Prayers for all who love this fine young man. Ride that yamaha through the heavens, Aaron. Thank YOU, hero.

No comments: